Reveal the real URL
macOS 13 Ventura, 12 Monterey, 11 Big Sur,
10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra
Link Unshortener is a Mac app that expands shortened web links, following redirects until it reveals the destination URL. Never again click a link before you know where it's going!
By Jeff Johnson, creator of the beloved browser extension StopTheMadness.
- Handles link shorteners such as
apple.news, and more!
- Automatically removes URL tracking parameters.
- Automatically upgrades URLs from http to https.
- Includes a share extension.
- Includes a Mac system service.
- Dock icon accepts drag and drop of links.
- Link Unshortener can be set as your default web browser!
- Open the destination URL in the selected web browser, or copy to the clipboard. There are preferences to do these automatically.
- Custom URL redirects! Redirect new Reddit to old Reddit, Twitter to Nitter, YouTube to Invidious, etc. Redirects are shared with StopTheMadness.
- Custom web browser opening rules! Associate specific URLs with specific web browsers. Open
https://docs.google.com links in Google Chrome, and other links in Safari. Web URL Rules are shared with StopTheMadness.