Reveal the real URL
Mac app that expands shortened web links, following redirects until it reveals the destination URL. Never again click a link before you know where it's going!
By Jeff Johnson, creator of the beloved browser extension StopTheMadness.
macOS 13 Ventura, 12 Monterey, 11 Big Sur,
10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra.
Intel and Apple Silicon.
- Handles link shorteners such as
apple.news, and more!
- Automatically removes URL tracking parameters.
- Automatically upgrades URLs from http to https.
- Includes a share extension.
- Includes a Mac system service.
- Dock icon accepts drag and drop of links.
- Link Unshortener can be set as your default web browser!
- Open the destination URL in the selected web browser, or copy to the clipboard. There are preferences to do these automatically.
- Custom URL redirects! Redirect new Reddit to old Reddit, Twitter to Nitter, YouTube to Invidious, etc. Redirects are shared with StopTheMadness.
- Custom web browser opening rules! Associate specific URLs with specific web browsers. Open
https://docs.google.com links in Google Chrome, and other links in Safari. Web URL Rules are shared with StopTheMadness.