|StopTheMadness on iOS
Many web sites disable user interface features in Safari that you normally expect to work. StopTheMadness ensures that those features continue to work for you in Safari:
- opening contextual menus
- selecting, copying, cutting, and pasting of text
- drag and drop
- AutoFill/autocomplete of passwords, emails, etc.
With StopTheMadness enabled, the annoying web sites that deliberately make your life harder suddenly become easy to use again!
StopTheMadness also protects your privacy on the web:
- Stops Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)! Automatically loads the original "canonical" web site page instead of Google AMP.
- Stops hyperlink auditing by removing the anchor "ping" attribute on link clicks.
- Stops tracking beacons (
Navigator.sendBeacon) from firing.
- Prevents hijacking/rewriting of clicked links in Google Search results.
- Prevents hijacking/rewriting of clicked links in Gmail.
- Prevents hijacking/rewriting of clicked links in Facebook.
- Stops sites from using the Page Visibility API to know when a tab is visible on your screen.
- Removes tracking tags such as
utm_source (Urchin Tracking Module),
gclid (Google Click ID), and
fbclid (Facebook Click ID) from the end of link URLs when clicked.
- Stops URL shorteners. Checks the links you click in Safari for well-known link shorteners —
t.co (used by Twitter), etc. — and loads the unshortened destination URL instead of the shortened URL. This occurs without setting any cookies or other site data, so you can't be tracked by your click.
- Stops Apple News. Clicked Apple News links in Safari will stay in Safari and load the original article URL instead of sending you out of Safari into the News app.
- Stop videos from autoplaying. This works even on sites where Safari doesn't stop autoplay, such as YouTube!
- Show native video controls. Easily enter Picture-in-Picture from Safari on all web sites, including YouTube!
- Force links to open in the current tab instead of a new tab. Remove
target="_blank" from links so that they no longer automatically create a new tab.
- Warns when you paste or type beyond the maximum length in a password field or other text field.
- Stops "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" alerts. Close your tabs without getting stopped by the site!
- Force images to the front. Bypass the transparent overlay on sites such as Instagram that prevents you from dragging and opening the contextual menu on images.